Sure, your guests are appreciative of a nice glass of Prosecco. But why not up your game and prepare a signature holiday cocktail this season?
Both of these cocktail recipes can be made in batches. Don’t fear cleanup — your InSinkErator® can handle the mess, including cored apples and egg yolks.
Yield: 10-12 servings Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 bottle sweet red wine
1 bottle apple-cranberry sparkling cider
1⁄4 cup Triple Sec
1⁄2 a pomegranate, seeded
2 oranges, sliced
1 red apple, sliced and cored
1 cup fresh cranberries
Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Combine fruit into a large glass pitcher
- Slowly pour red wine and Triple Sec into pitcher
- Gentle stir ingredients to combine. Allow to chill before serving, at least one hour, up to overnight, which allows the fruit to soak up the flavors
- Add sparkling cider into the pitcher just before serving
- Garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary
Spiced Rum Eggnog
Yield: 4-6 servings Prep Time: 30 minutes
4 cups whole milk
1 cup granulated sugar
12 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
1⁄2 cup spiced rum
1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur
4-6 cinnamon sticks and raw sugar for garnish (optional)
- Combine milk and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring constantly as to not scorch the milk
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip egg yolks for 2-3 minute
- With the mixer still running on low, slowly pour the milk and sugar mixture into the yolks in a steady stream to prevent the yolks from curdling
- Return the mixture to saucepan and stir for 15-20 minutes over medium-low heat using a wooden spoon. Do not allow it simmer. Mixture is ready when it has thickened enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a medium-sized bowl. Gently stir in the rum and coffee liqueur, followed by the heavy cream. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator before serving
- Prepare glasses for serving by dipping the rim of the glass into simple syrup (sugar + water) and then dipping it in raw sugar
- Serve chilled, garnished with grated nutmeg and cinnamon and a cinnamon stick
And remember, as always, please drink responsibly.