October is moving along, but don’t fret – you still have time to plan a Halloween party to remember! Follow these easy tips, invite the kids, and let the fun begin:
- Keep food simple. Cut crescent dough into strips, wrapping them around hot dogs for a “mummy” effect. For full instructions, visit Frugal Couponing.
- Cut a pumpkin in half and scoop out the contents. (You can put the pumpkin innards in your InSinkErator food waste disposer, including seeds!) Add a clear serving bowl, and you have an instant serving container for punch. We like this recipe for Witches Brew by ‘Lil Luna.
- Fill short glass vases with candy corn. Nestle a votive candle on top, and you have illuminating décor!
- Use a soft-tipped permanent marker to draw faces on helium balloons. Orange ones become pumpkins and white become ghosts. Directions are at One Little Project.
- Create a “Guess How Many?” Jar for kids. Fill a Mason jar with plastic spiders, or chocolate candies. The winner gets to keep the jar!